Thursday, February 02, 2012

For Love of the Pixie

I have a collection of the red Gilner pixies, handed down to me from my mother. These pixies were treasured by my mother and as a child I looked forward to the day when she would put them out for Christmas. 

When my mother passed away in 2002, I inherited the pixies. I had no idea of their history or 'value'. I would 'show' them off every Christmas!

 I made the mistake of wrapping them in newspaper which caused some of them to slightly stain. I came across some simular gilner pixies at an antique store one day and the owner gave me so much information about the pixies. I looked up the information here on the internet and was astonished! I took my pixies out of storage & now keep them out on display all the time! location:

City state_lived_in: CA

No comments: