Thursday, February 02, 2012

Antique Toy Dishes Just Like Moms'

I am nuts about antique and vintage toy dishes. I would play for hours with my little dishes and my baby dolls so this story really hit home. When I became a Granny I bought a very special set of 'china' dishes for my grandchild to play with when she got older. Now at age 11 she does not play with them very much anymore but we hand countless hours of fun playing tea party, just the two of us and her dolls.

The memory shared:

When I was 5 my grandmother gave me a set of Blue Willow China. This was a child's tea set with the plates, cups, saucers, teapot, sugar and creamer and covered dish.
I treasured this and still have it today. Some pieces have Occupied Japan on them. I played with this but took such good care of it. I now have a 14 year old granddaughter and have unwrapped it and showed it to her. I am passing it on to her.
location: City
state_lived_in: Texas

No comments: