Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Vintage American Made Children's Tea Set


Last week when my 4 year old granddaughter was visiting for Christmas,
we unpacked a box from our attic containing my old little girl dish sets.
There are only a few pieces of the oldest set left, a blue on white design
of 2 Dutch children by the sea with a sailboat in the background. 

I have only 1 small teacup and 3 saucers left, but remember them fondly 
from playing with them in Baltimore.  
My daughter played with them in the 1970s and now her daughter 
(and son, too) enjoyed a little tea party last week.  

They are labeled "Edwin M. Knowles china Company / Made in the U.S.A./ 42-10.

They are also labeled semi-vitrous. I recall having tea parties with my new friends
in a Baltimore suburb, Parkville, after we moved out of the city 
when I was 3 years old.I was delighted to find the company when I "Googled" the name.

No comments: